Monday, January 21, 2013

Inkom is...

Babe and I decided last minute to come down to Inkom on Sunday afternoon for Civil Rights Day!  We got to surprise everyone here which was fun and we got to have some AMAZING cinnamon roll cake (go HERE if you want the recipe).  For those of you thinking "what about your sweets fast?" we came to the conclusion that we get 1 day of sweets a week (limited).  That way we can still have feel healthier but get to have a little taste of something amazing every once and a while.
Sitting here watching babe put up his parents blinds I started thinking about Inkom and came up with a little list of "Inkom is"

Inkom (home) is:
Beautiful in every season, rich colors in the fall, and white all around in the winter! 
Away from all the hub bub of the city
Quiet (depending on who is around...)
Relaxing
A breath of fresh air- like literally
Cold
Where memory's are made
Where people fall in Love (don't believe me? Ask Lindsay& Travis, Drew & Ashley, or Babe and I just to name a few!)
Tiny, a place where everyone knows everyone
Is being in your PJS all day and no one caring (or knowing... haha)
Home made cooking 
Going on motorcycle/4 wheel rides whenever you want
Sledding down HUGE hills
1600 acres of family land to hike around 
Dreaming about our future home (maybe)
Star gazing
Game playing
Movie watching
Puzzle working
Couch reclining 
House projects
Where I get to learn about different cultures (hard not to with multiple exchange students from all over the world!)
Cross country skiing
Camping
Horse back riding
A place for getting over my fears
I took these on our drive to my in laws yesterday!  Isn't it just beautiful!?
I could go on but I think you get the idea.  Pretty much lets just say it was about time we came down anyway, with school the way it is its such a relief to get away from it all.  Even if it's only for a day! Now we are all ready for another week of school until next weekend when we head down to Layton (don't get me started on "Layton is") to meet our new nephew on the 27th! :) Can't wait to meet the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment