Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July Crafts!

It's no secret that I LOVE the 4th of July, it might even be one of my favorite holidays! Parades, fireworks, food, fairs, people watching, and family- what could be better?  Since Babe has been out of school these last few days I took advantage of him watching Jenson and started lots of holiday crafts! 

 First I started my paint chip banner- I got a ton of red, white, and blue paint chips in different shades of each and cut them out into star shapes and hung them around my house. So easy, and not to mention FREE!  Now that's my kind of craft! 

Next I made some wreaths, both out of felt.  The mini wreath I just cut out the middle of a paper plate, cut up strips of felt and tide them around the plate. Once again as simple as that!  
 The next wreath was a bit more time consuming-thank goodness Babe was home to take Jenson ;) After cutting up tons of squares of felt (about 5-6 sheets of felt for each color) I wrapped them up in the cone shape and glued them on a wreath. Super easy just takes time.  The stars I thought I ran out of white felt so I used card stock but felt would work just the same!  
Last but not least {I still have a few more things I want to do!}  my centerpiece!  I had this jar sitting in my laundry room for a few months now not knowing what to do with it.  I decided this was a perfect time to fill it up.  I just got white dried beans and red and blue spray paint.  Sprayed the beans {du...} and placed them in the jar with a candle I had laying around the house. The spray painting took a while but that was the hardest part. 
 I didn't love the red table cloth so I switched it to a white one I had, I also just put around some random left over star paint chips I had.  Ta Da! Now my houses is all patriotic and I am loving it! Now we just need Friday to come!  Happy 4th Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment