Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thoughts for Sunday

Babe and I decided to switch to the family ward instead of the married student ward.  This was one of the best decisions we have made in a while. We liked our last ward but we LOVE this ward and we have only been 2 times already.  Today in Relief Society we were talking about visiting teaching the lesson ended and our relief society president stood up to conclude when she did something that I will never forget.  She came over to a girl sitting in front of me had her stand up and said to everyone.  "Who is this?" everyone then kind of looked around at each other and a few people knew her name.  Then she said "This is Jordan, she is now one of us." She then came to me, had me stand up put her arm around me and asked the same question.  "This is Brielle, she is now part of us."  She then went to a few other new members in our ward and did the same thing.  Never be have I felt so accepted and welcomed into a ward.  All growing up I was in the same ward so everyone already knew me but living here I never really got close to any ward members.  I know how bad this is but today was the first day that I actually got a testimony of relief society.  I am thankful for inspired leaders and for feeling welcome in a new ward.  What a blessing that is. 

I know that this is an inspired church, we have such amazing leaders.  President Monson is called of God and leads this church.  I know that Joseph Smith restored this church and that it is the only true church upon the earth today.  I know that families are forever and that we will get to see those who have passed on before.  I know that temples are houses of God and that when we got to them we will be blessed and feel of his love.  I am thankful that Matt holds the priesthood and that he is worthy of that.  I am thankful that I can receive a blessing whenever I need one. I know that our Savior has a plan for me and that I just need to have faith in that plan and that everything will work out in the end.  I am thankful to be part of this church and for the testimony that I have, thank you for letting me share a part of it with you.  I hope you all have a happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment