Monday, November 30, 2015

Marshall Jensen

I remember the day (Nov. 18) like it was yesterday.  I was Visiting Teaching when I got the text from Babe that said I needed to come and pick him up from school right away.  It hit me like a ton of bricks as I turned the corner to his school, I knew right then why he needed me to come get him so early.  Marshall and Amanda were in Philly for the 2nd trial of T-cells in hopes to get rid of the cancer taking over Marshalls body.  When Babe got in the car he really didn't have to say anything, we both knew what had just happened.  Marshall was finally free.  He didn't lose his battle to cancer, he kicked cancers butt for 4 years.  I am beyond thankful to have rubbed shoulders with Marshall, I wish I could have known him for longer.  He is the type of person that makes you want to be better yourself, my life was changed forever.  I honestly don't have the words to say, nothing seems to fit right. 
Marshall died a few days before Thanksgiving, so babe took a couple days off school and we headed down to Utah for the Funeral and for Thanksgiving. It was just what we needed, and I was happy to be spending time with family for the Holidays.  Babe flew back to Kansas after the funeral and Jenson and I stayed with family until he flew back for Christmas.  

  The week before the viewing and funeral were some days I will never forget.  I loved learning so much more about Marshall, I wish it didn't take him dying to learn about it all and hear amazing stories from his life.  One of my favorite things was getting to prepare for the Viewing.  Honestly, none of it felt real until then.  I kept thinking he was just going to jump up and be fine, ,and how I wish that was the case.  


^^ I knew Marshall loved to read but I never knew how much! This table just had  a few of his favorites^^
There was a non stop line of people at the viewing- the funeral was also packed full with over flow in a lot of the other rooms.  Marshall and Amanda touched (and still do!) so many lives.  Those who came were not even half of them.


^^ All the brothers and dads, they sang "Brightly Beams, Our Fathers Mercy" it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! ^^

So thankful for family that took Jenson all day so I didn't have to worry about chasing him around all day! 

It was such a beautiful funeral, what a celebration of life!  




We love and miss you everyday Marshall, thank you for changing our lives and continuing to do so! 
So thankful for Eternal Families, and that I can be part of this amazing family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment