Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Potty Training!

That dreaded time has come, potty training!  They say to find a good time when you have nothing going on for a while... yeah that never happens so we just decided to jump full in and start this thing.  For weeks we had been incising Jenson to go potty in the toilet with trains (his favorite!)  If he got 10 stickers (meaning he went potty 10 times in the toilet) he got to pick a new train.  Some times he would get a new train in a few days, other times it was a week or so.  Babe found a good deal on the trains and we put them up on the wall so he could always see them but couldn't reach them.  I think this slightly back fired on us because he learned how to hold his pee and then go multiple times in a 20 minute period so he could get more stickers faster... he is way to smart for us!  I decided I had enough and we had a free 3 day weekend that we decided to give it a go.  I read a article all about potty training and she said to have them throw away all their diapers and pull ups and to only wear underwear (naps, and bedtime included)  I was a little to chicken to throw them all away so he put them in a garbage bag and later hid them when he wasn't looking (so he thinks they really are gone!)  

 We stocked up on underwear and prepared for the worse.  The first day was rough on all of us and I will admit by the end of the day my patience was gone, but day 2 and 3 got better!  We are now to the point where he is pretty good about telling us if he has to go, or he will just go into the bathroom and sit on the toilet himself.  We are trying to teach him how to pull his underwear and pants up on his own but its taking a little longer.  He does get distracted when we are outside so I have to keep reminding him to tell me when he has to go.
 ^^he now has about 4 more trains added to his collection.. haha ^^
 We attempted going to Walmart yesterday, he did tell me he had to go and held it till we got to the bathroom.  Then he wanted to go multiple times after that- but I think its because Walmart has the mini kid sinks that he likes to wash his hands in...  But he did go so we are happy about that!
I wouldn't say he is totally potty trained we do still have a few accidents.  He made it one night fully dry but hasn't since so we are still working on naps and bed time.  We are going on our vacation this week and I'm terrified about the long car ride but we are just going to take it a day at a time!  Also another funny thing to mention.  Jenson says "poop" for pee, and "brown stuff" for poop haha so until we figured that out I thought he was constantly "pooping" his pants! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment