Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!

For New Years we always make Chinese food, this year we talked our family into doing it a day early so we could be there as well.  We totally have it down to a science and have our favorites all picked out.  This year Babe and I were in charge of drinks and fortune cookies.  I don't know how many of you like fortune cookies but I personally think they are a waste of money, and not to mention tasteless.  I really only break them open for the fortune.  So instead of buying those I made Chocolate chip cookies (because lets be honest those are wayyyy better!) and we made up our own fortune to go with each- I think thats how we will do it from now on!






 The next morning we headed to one of our favorite restaurants in Layton: Grannie Annies.  We got to see Sam and Vanessa since they were in Cali for the holiday, for Christmas this year they told us they were expecting!  Our little boy is going to have a close cousin on the Hunt side!  We couldn't be more thrilled for them and can't wait to meet the little one!
 Sam, Amanda, and Babe- such cute sibling! 
For Christmas we all got gift cards to Red Robin from my parents and decided it was more fun going all together rather than by ourselves.  So we planned a last minute lunch date before Babe and I flew home. 
 Boy am I thankful for this crazy, amazing family of mine.  I hate being so far away from them but times like this make me extra grateful for them and the time we get to spend together. 



 Our time schedule was so messed up... we left Utah around 7, got to Vegas for our layover just after 7 (thanks to the time change)  Our flight was also late so as soon as we got off the first flight we ran to our gate and they had already started boarding so we ran onto the new plane (let me tell you without having a b-room break I was about to explode!)  We left vegas soon after that and didn't get to Kansas till after 12 (once again time change!)  Really the flight was only like 2 hours but with all the weird time changed it seemed longer.
We celebrated New Years at 10:00 Vegas time in the air, which was really midnight Kansas time. We watched some awkward older people stand up and make out in the middle of the aisles for a while-seriously people!?  We didn't make it home to till after 2:30 but it sure was worth it!  Babe even had the house sparkling clean when we got home, which made it that much easier to be there.

We are excited for this new year and for the soon to be addition to our little family.  2013 was so good to use but I have a feeling 2014 will be a year we will never forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment