Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day

 We had a fabulous Memorial weekend it mostly consisted of relaxing, helping Mike and Mindy with their bathroom re modle and visiting G&G Watson's grave.
 Dad had a pretty awesome FHE lesson planned, he taught the kids about the plan of salvation and we talked about things we remembered about Grandma and Grandpa.  Since they are a little to young to remember either of them it didn't really turn out like dad was thinking but it was still really nice to reflect on things that I remembered.  Babe never got to meet either of them so it's been fun telling him all about them and things that I remembered.

 Mike and Mindy have been working on their bathroom all day (hence their lovely atire). Isn't my mom so beautiful? And the best Grandma around!
 After we visited their grave we talked dad into buying us ice cream so we headed to Arctic Circle and all enjoyed our dipped cones. What a fabulous weekend to reflect on those who have passed on and for those who have and still are severing our country.
My cousin Ryan joined the Air Force and was stationed in Ogden so he actually got to live with us for a while.  I loved that time we got to spend together and getting to know him more.  Both my Grandpas also served.  I am so thankful for their service and their examples to me.  I am so blessed to live in this country and have the freedoms I have.  God Bless America! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment