Thursday, February 1, 2018

Jenson and the laundry pod

We had a bit of a scare with a laundry pod.  It was Babe's first day at work and he was not allowed to have his phone on the floor (at amazon).  I have always made laundry soap on my own but got lazy and decided to just buy some laundry pods from Costco.  I lost the lid to the container behind the dyer and thought nothing of it because Jenson was old enough to not eat them.  I think his interest in them got the best of him and he grabbed one and popped it in his mouth.  The majority of it was on the floor and his clothes but he wouldn't stop crying and saying his mouth was burning.  I called my mom and asked what I needed to do.  She told me to call poison control right away, I did and they told me that if he threw up he needs do go to the ER right away.  I thought he was doing fine so I took him upstairs to take a bath and get the stuff off his clothes.  As soon as he was getting in the bath he threw up all over the tub and that's when I lost it.  I was terrified and didn't know what to do.  I woke Zoey up got Jenson dressed and jumped in the car and headed to the hospital. On our way I asked one of my friends who worked with Matt if there was an emergency contact number so I could get ahold of him.  She called her husband and he was able to go and find him and let him know what was going on.  He called as I was signing in Jenson. They made us stay for 6 hours to make sure no side effects showed up later, Matt was able to come after work and so we spend the whole time trying to entertain the kids in a small hospital room.  Luckily nothing else was wrong and we were able to go home, Jenson learned his lesson and so did mom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment